Monday, September 4, 2017

Myanmar Expedition: Catching up

It is clear that, for me, pulling off a regular blog post has not been in the cards. It doesn’t feel that long, but I see that it has been 3 years since my last post. One reason for this is that my employer, Panthera, has a platform now for field staff, among others, to post blogs about developing projects and experiences related to our ongoing conservation efforts. Writing a blog there and the same thing here has seemed redundant. 


In point of fact, with relation to my recent expedition to Myanmar, I have made two posts, one at the outset and another upon my return. These blogs are not entirely my own work, but also involve considerable effort by our communications staff to hone raw work into a product that, in their experience, is more palatable by the Panthera website’s visitors. I always appreciate their input and help. Sometimes, however, the restrictions placed on format, amount of content, etc. end up whittling down my original work considerably. In these cases, including one coming soon, I may feel compelled to post a longer form version on this blog site. Stay tuned for an upcoming post about looking for snow leopards on the Myanmar Expedition.


No comments:

Post a Comment